Voters affected by domestic abuse, sexual assault, or stalking may register as confidential voters. The Request for Confidential Voter Registration can be found here.
Confidential voter registration is only available in the office of your municipal clerk. City of Sun Prairie residents may register confidentially in the Sun Prairie Clerk's Office, located at 300 E Main Street. If the voter who is requesting a confidential listing is not already registered to vote, the voter will need to show Acceptable Forms of Proof of Residence.
Voters registering confidentially must submit a request in writing (the Confidential Voter Registration form may be used) and present one of the following documents:
- Restraining order or injunction currently in effect
- Affidavit from Chief of Police, Sheriff, or District Attorney dated within last 30 days
- A signed statement from the operator or agent of a shelter, dated within the last 30 days, indicating that the voter resides in the shelter
- A statement signed by a representative of a service provider for survivors of domestic abuse or sexual assault, indicating that the voter received services from that provider within 24 months of the date on the statement
- Proof of participation in the Wisconsin Department of Justice's Safe at Home address confidentiality program.