- At no time shall trash or building materials be burned.
- Small businesses, commercial enterprises, and industries may not use burn barrels or engage in other open burning.
Burning is permitted in the Town of Bristol provided the following guidelines are met:
- A permit is required and may be obtained by calling 608-837-5066, ext. 4 and leaving the information listed
- The permit is good only for the day it is recorded
- Fires must be attended at all times and must be extinguished by dark
- Open burning of leaves and brush only
View the full ordinance (PDF) for more information.
Open Burning Dates
Fall 2016 Open Burning Dates:
To obtain a permit please call 608-837-5066, ext. 4 and leave the following information:
- Phone number
- Date and time of burn