Payment Options & Deadlines
At least the first installment of your property tax bill must be paid to the City of Sun Prairie by January 31, 2024. The first installment includes one-half of your property taxes and 100% of any special charges or assessments. The second installment is due by July 31, 2024. Payments made after January 31, 2024, must be sent to the Dane County Treasurer.
Payment by Credit Card or E-Check **
You may use a credit card to pay your tax online with FIS from December 8th, 2023 through 4:00 pm CST on January 26th, 2024. FIS charges a fee for this service equal to 2.35% of the amount of the payment.
You may also make an E-Check payment online with FIS from December 8th, 2023 through 4:00 pm CST on January 26th, 2024. FIS charges a $1.00 fee for this service.
For Online Payments
1. Go to pay your tax online.
2. Enter your parcel or bill number.
3. Enter your name.
4. Enter the property address.
5. Enter the amount of the tax bill you wish to pay.
6. Select the continue button.
The system will then guide you through the payment process.
Payment by Mail
Sending your payment by mail is the best way to avoid long lines. Payments should be sent to:
City of Sun Prairie Treasurer
300 E. Main Street
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
- Include the parcel number and phone number on the check.
- Endorsement on back of escrow checks only: if there are multiple names on the "Payable To:" line-all parties must sign the back of the check before submitting to the City of Sun Prairie.
- If you would like a receipt, include a business-sized self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Mailed payments are deposited daily and receipts are generally sent the next day.
- The city considers payments postmarked by December 31, 2023 as payment in 2023.
Payments must be postmarked by January 31, 2024 in order to be considered timely.
Payment in Person
Note - City Hall will be closed for the following holidays:
- Monday, December 25
- Tuesday, December 26
- Monday, January 1, 2024
- Tuesday, January 2, 2024
- Monday, January 15, 2024
In addition, 24-hour drop boxes are available if you would like to make your payment after hours at the following locations:
- City Hall Lobby- 300 East Main Street. Use the Main Street Entrance.
- Westside Community Service Facility- 2598 West Main Street