How Do I?

Report a Name Change

To report a name change contact the Dane County Register of Deeds Office at 608-266-4141.

Report Sale Information - Online Form

Open an online form to report property sale information to the Assessor's office.

Contest an Assessment

File an objection with the Board of Review: We recommend that you 1st meet with a member of the Assessing staff during the open book period in the spring of each year (see calendar for dates). If after that meeting you still feel your property assessment does not reflect market value or it appears inequitable you must file a Formal Objection Form with the City Clerk.


Objection forms will be available in the Assessor's office during open book. After open book has concluded objection forms can be obtained from the City Clerk's office.

Time Sensitive

Objecting is very timely, it has specific deadlines. If you wish to object to your assessment it is important that you initiate the process as soon as possible after the year's Assessment Roll is 1st published.