Public Health Madison & Dane County have issued new mask recommendations & K-12 school guidelines. These updates are due to new guidance from the CDC. The new guidance includes:
- Updated information for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Added information that fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.
You can see detailed information from the CDC and Public Health Madison & Dane County by clicking the highlighted links.
The City of Sun Prairie's current policy supports those who choose to wear masks, and will continue to do so. For more information on our policy and department information as it relates to COVID 19, please visit https://cityofsunprairie.com/1365/Stay-Safe-Sun-Prairie..