Dog Licenses, Dog Park Permit
You are required by the State to
Note: Staff will not contact your Veterinarian for the rabies vaccination certificate so please ensure that you have the proper documentation prior to submitting your application.
- $15.00 for spayed or neutered dogs
- $20.00 for intact dogs
- $11.00 for spayed or neutered puppy under 5 months (Puppies are dogs who become 5 months of age after July 1 of the license year)
- $13.50 for
intactpuppy under 5 months (Puppies are dogs who become 5 months of age after July 1 of the license year)
- $35.00 for the first dog
- $17.00 for
2ndand 3rd dog
Licensing And Payment Options
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/receipt)
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/ receipt)
- Dog License application
- Check payable to the City of Sun Prairie for the correct amount
Your documentation and dog licenses tag will be mailed back to you.
When should you get a license?
New to the City/New Dog
- Within 30 days of obtaining your dog
- Within 30 days of moving into the city
- When the dog turns 5 months old and has received rabies vaccination
A late fee of $5 is assessed if a dog license is not purchased within 30 days of moving into the city or obtaining your dog.
By December 31 of each year
A late fee of $5 is assessed for dog license renewals not purchased prior to April 1st.