Fun Prairie 2023
Welcome to the City of FUN Prairie!
Fun Prairie is a place where all are welcome, and everybody is encouraged to take advantage of all of the FUN to be had in our community!
On June 20, 2023, through proclamation, Mayor Paul Esser changed the name of the City of Sun Prairie to the City of FUN Prairie for the month of July.
Explore the tabs below for more information on all of the fun things to do in the month of July in FUN Prairie!
Click on the printable calendar (photo below) or our interactive calendar (first tab below) to schedule out your July in FUN Prairie!
CALENDAR UPDATE(S): POPSICLE POP UP ON JULY 12 HAS BEEN MOVED TO JULY 17, 1-3PM AT WETMORE PARK DUE TO WEATHER.
Check out these local area attractions!
Play Fun Prairie BINGO all month long and win prizes from our amazing sponsors!
Fun Prairie Bingo Rules
- Beginning July 7, pick up a Bingo card at any one of the following locations:
- Bank of Sun Prairie - Main Street Branch (228 E. Main Street)
- Bank of Sun Prairie - Broadway Drive Branch (550 Broadway Drive)
- Bank of Sun Prairie - Grand Avenue Branch (695 S. Grand Avenue)
- Family Aquatic Center (920 Linnerud Drive)
- Fun Prairie City Hall (300 E. Main Street)
- Fun Prairie Farmer's Market (1 Cannery Square)
- Fun Prairie Historical Library & Museum (115 E. Main Street)
- Fun Prairie Public Library (1350 Linnerud Drive)
- Fun Prairie Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department Office (2598 W. Main Street)
- Fun Prairie YMCA (1470 Don Simon Drive)
- One bingo card per household, individual cards are not necessary as your entire household can complete one card together.
- From July 1 - 31, 2023, participate in activities listed on your Bingo card and redeem for prizes!
- OPTIONAL: Take a photo of yourself or your family completing each activity on the bingo card
- Cross off each box as you complete the item (honor system!)
- Post your photos using the hashtag #FUNprairie for a chance to be reposted on our social media! We want to see you having fun!
- Send a photo of your completed bingo card (and corresponding participation photos if you choose to) to email@example.com at the following milestones: Four Corners, Straight Line (diagonal, vertical, or horizontal), an X, and a full blackout of all boxes
- Participants will receive a prize from one of our sponsoring partners for each milestone!
- Questions? Call or e-mail the City of FUN Prairie's Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department at (608) 837-3449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Fun Prairie t-shirts will be available for sale throughout the month of July!
Fun Prairie t-shirts are available for purchase! T-shirts come in a variety of colors (hot pink, purple, mint green, and turquoise) and sizes (adult small - adult XXL). They cost $15 (tax included). All t-shirt proceeds support SPPRF community events.
Purchase a Fun Prairie T-Shirt at the following locations/events - cash, card and checks accepted:
- Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department Office, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am - Noon
- July 5 Lunch n' Learn at Wetmore Park, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 11 at Wetmore Park, 6:00 - 8:00 pm (The Sundogs Concert)
- Tuesday, July 18 at Wetmore Park, 6:00 - 8:00 pm (The Swing Crew Concert)
- Tuesday, July 25 at Wetmore Park, 5:30 - 7:30 pm (Trivia Night & Sun Prairie Community Band Concert)
- Friday, July 21 at Sheehan Park East, 6:00 - 9:00 pm (Adult Recess Event)