As charged by the City Council, the Committee analyzed the City's workforce and provided recommendations to enhance the City’s capability to locate, recruit and hire qualified candidates with diverse backgrounds. A full list of the recommendations can be found in the Committee's Final Report.
Since the Committee dissolved, the City has undertaken and completed a number of initiatives to implement the recommendations of the committee:
- Completed a 2017 Employment Summary
- In 2018, all City employees will have completed sexual harassment training
- The City is committed to providing competitive benefits to its employees. To view the City's benefits please visit the Human Resources Page
- The City has added internship opportunities:
- The City participates in the Project Reach Internship Program, which provides several high school-aged students to work in various City Departments
- The City Finance Department will be participating in an internship program with Sun Prairie High School beginning in September 2018